D500 mirror question-

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MaizenBlue Forum Member • Posts: 89
D500 mirror question-

I'm an amateur in comparison to many on this forum but I posted here hoping someone might be able to better assist me with the D500.

I finally felt confident enough to help out with a friends wedding pictures Saturday and made appropriate planning ahead to do so. Rehearsal went well Friday night but I started to take a few "before" pictures on Saturday when I noticed a black line through the bottom corner of my images. Immediate panic attack but I went into troubleshooting mode. No, not the camera strap. Lens off,new lens on, same problem.  Now I'm really sweating... And yes, I do have a couple backup cameras ready to go but I really wanted to use my D500 for the low light ISO capability. I've never locked up a mirror before but it was a desperate last thought. BINGO! There was a small "something" on the corner of the mirror. About 3/4x1/8 of an inch. Almost looked like a piece of film. I turned the camera upside down and used my bulb blower. Seemed to disappear so I carried on. It worked but I almost wonder if something shifted back into place. This occurred after I took a sideways shot which I don't do a lot of normally taking wildlife shots. When I think back, I recall some pictures where I took for granted that the strap must have been in the way of the lens. This camera has never been dropped or mishandled and I never mess with anything inside except using my bulb blower occasionally. I'm including a few pictures,one of the line in the corner and a couple of the mirror so someone more experienced might be able to identify anything suspicious. This is still in warranty so I'm trying to resolve this before it expires. Sorry so long and thank you.

MaizenBlue's gear list:MaizenBlue's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D3300 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow