Sequence of Camera exposure adjusment

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fotocorn
Fotocorn Junior Member • Posts: 36
Sequence of Camera exposure adjusment

Hi,

I enjoy Birds in Flight. I have a problem with knowing how the camera is going to set the correct combination of ISO and shutter speed

If I have my D500 camera set as Aperture Priority and Auto ISO with a maximum ISO and a minimum shutter speed, what sequence does the camera follow in setting the ISO and shutter speed to obtain the correct exposure.

Lets say I set my exposure mode to Aperture priority at f8

I set the camera to Auto ISO with my minimum shutter speed 1/1250 and my maximum ISO sensitivity 3200. The camera ISO sensitivity is set to 100 when we start.

What shutter speed and ISO would the camera specify to attain correct exposure?

Would it set the shutter to the minimum speed and adjust the ISO to try and attain the correct exposure before it reduced the speed?

or

would it set the ISO to maximum and set the shutter speed to attain correct exposure

or would it settle somewhere in between   ISO 800 and shutter speed 1/5000th?

My first priority is to get a decent depth of field so I chose f8, then I want to stop the action so I would prefer it to give preference to shutter speed, the faster the better.

Fotocorn's gear list:Fotocorn's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow