Museum shooting with 5D4

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jwpnyc New Member • Posts: 23
Museum shooting with 5D4

My wife loves to take picture with the paintings she loves. However, as you know, most of museums have very low lighting conditions. So, it is kind of difficult to shoot successfully for someone like me who is still learning photography.

Two weeks ago, we went to the National Gallery in London. I set my 5D4 with 9 points zone auto focus, TV mode at 1/60, ISO between 800-2000. Picture style was standard. The results were great although all the photos are slightly under exposure. But it is not problem for me. I can make slightly adjustments in Light Room.

Yesterday, we went to Yale University Art Gallery in New Haven. It was big failure. Most photo are very grainy and colors were off for some photos, too. The setting I used was single spot auto focus, auto ISO, auto picture style, 1/80 F6. I used F6 because sometimes, the paintings were blur in the photos I took in London.

I guess the predominant mistakes I made was single spot focus which leads incorrect exposure and auto ISO.

I am trying to do it next time with as little adjustments in Light Room as possible. Any suggestions for settings? Please advise.

jwpnyc's gear list:jwpnyc's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow