Opinions on Multi-Light Beauty Dishes

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bieber New Member • Posts: 2
Opinions on Multi-Light Beauty Dishes

I've been using Paul C Buff lights for a while, but I've had to add some Speedotrons to my collection for the power and now I'm faced with the prospect of trying to find non-light-brand-specific versions of my modifiers.  I've started switching my PCB softboxes out for Chimeras, and the PLM umbrellas of course can be used with both, but I'm a bit stuck on the topic of beauty dishes.

I'm tempted to go with the Chimera "beauty dish," but I'm deeply skeptical of the cloth fold-out beauty dishes, plus I'd have to buy octa speed rings for it and those are much harder to find used.  On the other hand, it seems like all the real beauty dishes I can find that adapt to multiple strobe mounts are coming from suspiciously cheap brands (like Impact), and I don't know how those would work out quality-wise.

I'd love to hear about y'all's experiences with any interchangeable mount beauty dishes, or the cloth imitations thereof

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow