Bought 18-135 on ebay and..What would you do?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
snapa
snapa Senior Member • Posts: 3,398
Re: Bought 18-135 on ebay and..What would you do?

Stuart wrote:

I purchased this lens for my A600O on ebay. With recent ebay sale, I saved $100 and paid only $383.99. The lens arrived, I tested it out, and it appears to work flawlessly.

Then be very happy you got a lens that works flawlessly.

There is only one problem. It was supposed to be a new lens, in original packing, as if "purchased from a retail store". It arrived without warranties and the plastic seal was removed an was lying in the box. Obviously, I cannot be sure this is a new lens, although it certainly appears new. . The seller was "Pixelhub" (high percentage of good reviews).

I'm sure the fine print was explisit and explained exactly what you were sold and what the warranty policy was. If you did not read them completely, well...

Would you return this lens? It appears that I have a well functioning lens that looks like new at a bargain basement price. If I return it, I will have to pay more and test out the lens I receive, which may or may not be a good one.

Would appreciate feedback.

No, just keep the lens and enjoy it. Why would you even think of returning a lens that works perfectly as far a you are concerned, that would make no sense. If you really wanted a warranty, you would have played more for it. You only paid $383.99, consider yourself lucky.

-- hide signature --

Life is short, make the best of it while you can!
http://grob.smugmug.com/

snapa's gear list:snapa's gear list
NEX-5T Sony a6300 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow