Third party battery advice

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
bs1946
bs1946 Senior Member • Posts: 5,769
Re: Charging wasabi on Fuji OEM charger?

ms18 wrote:

The charge appear to be larger in size. Because of shipping issues and custom issues, I'm planning to buy just batteries now. Is it ok to charge wasabi batteries using Fuji OEM charger? Have you done that?

I have charged Watson batteries with no issue on Fuji, Olympus, and Panasonic OEM chargers and I know people who have done the same with their Wasabis. Same holds true for using Watson and Wasabi chargers. I would not buy any third party battery that can not use the OEM charger or comes with a charger that you cannot charge OEM batteries in.

If you travel with the OEM charger, you can buy a fairly inexpensive power plug at most hardware stores that has the same connector as the OEM power cord. Then you can plug the charger directly into the outlet and eliminate carrying the bulky cord. I have a Watson travel charger that charges one of my X100F batteries and has a USB port to charge another in camera or charge my iPhone or iPad. Plus it uses switchable charging plates to accommodate different battery types, a 12V car adapter, and a Euro plug adapter. I also have a plate for charging NP95 batteries from my old X100T. It plugs into the outlet with a folding plug and is smaller than the OEM charger.

-- hide signature --

Bill S.
www.flickr.com/photos/wrs1946
instagram.com@billschaffel
“Sharpness is a bourgeois concept”
- Henri Cartier-Bresson -

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Apple iPhone 7 Plus Fujifilm X100F
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow