Focus issues...me, equipment, or paranoia?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP spiritcat Forum Member • Posts: 50
Re: D'oh!

Thanks for the information in your post, eFilm. I appreciate it. What I appreciate less is the abusiveness and antagonism that suffuses much of your reply. I draw your attention to the forum rules concerning basic civility. Try to bear in mind that even an unsurpassed genius like yourself, unless you were born with a camera embedded in your skull, had to pass through the same learning curve that I and others are presently going through. Accusing people of being rude and stupid is arrogant and iinappropriate.

I was using the same lens for two years with the T2i and I did not have this problem, and most of that was handheld. I am aware that this is a higher pixelage camera and better equipment, but that I should be getting WORSE pictures on the statistical average is problematic, surely?

It has nothing to do with laziness either. Please do not make any assumptions about people you don't know. If you have tried to photograph puffins in flight in their natural environment, you would know that doing it with a tripod would be laughably out of the question.

Yes, hand holding with a long slow lens is not easy, but it is easier than holding with a long fast lens, like the Nikkor 400 f2.8, which I can barely lift in position for longer than a minute.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow