Issue with Canon hotshoe, work with flash, but not wireless trigger or pc sync adapter

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
David Huy New Member • Posts: 7
Issue with Canon hotshoe, work with flash, but not wireless trigger or pc sync adapter

Hi all,

I'm in the midst of trying to figure out what is going on but to no avail. Really need you all expertise here

_ I would like to use my 60D to trigger studio strobe. Since 60D does not have pc sync port, I bought hotshoe pc sync adapter (https://www.amazon.com/Pixel-TF-321-Flash-Adapter-Flashguns/dp/B0032CAGH0), and pc sync cable. It worked for a few months before this setup stopped working. I tried few other methods to figure out the causes:

1) Change to new hotshoe pc sync adapter, pc sync cable --> still not working on 60D
2) Switch hotshoe pc sync adapter, pc sync cable to use on different camera 7D --> working on 7D, strobe works
3) Use wireless trigger, receiver. Without attaching to 60D hotshoe, can trigger the strobe. But when attach to 60D hotshoe, not triggering at all. Retry on 7D, worked perfectly =>
4) I assume the hot shoes pins are loose or not sync, if this is the case, when using with direct flash on top, flash should not work -> however, on-camera flash works perfectly
5) I try putting hotshoe pc sync adaper then put flash on top of the adapter --> flash still works perfectly

Currently, I use flash to trigger strobe in slave mode. But this will pose a problem since other flashes may interfere with mine. I'm hoping can figure out what went wrong.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow