A6300+gimbal or a6500

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Drea86 New Member • Posts: 10
A6300+gimbal or a6500

Hi guys,

Been an avid photographer when we have been traveling, my a6300 has performed flawlessly with pp in Lightroom/occasionally photoshop. However lately I’ve been wanting to cross over into videoing our trips. Our last rip was mainly a diving and beach tour one and I used the GoPro 6 and loved it. I’ve been working on that video in fcp and slowly learning the ins and outs of processing video (aka lots of YouTube tutorials).

this August we will be driving the ring road in Iceland and I’ve been watching some videos for inspiration. I’m loving the slow motion cinematic ones. So far I understand film in 24 with double the shutter speed, set your aperture then and adjust iso to necessary.

My main concern is smooth movement. I was going to use my Sony 24 1.8 lens but it has no OSS and obviously neither does the a6300. I am looking at maybe a gimbal or would it be better to spend a few hundred more for a A6500 body (used)?

Sony a6300 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow