Active D-Lighting improves continuous shooting???

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nzsky New Member • Posts: 13
Active D-Lighting improves continuous shooting???

This is one of DP Reviews 'pros' for buying a D5100 -

• Much improved continuous shooting performance with Active D-Lighting turned on

All I found on researching this was that Active D-lighting might slow fps and lengthen buffer. Can anyone explain this statement? The reason I am asking about such an old review and camera is I just broke my D5100 and need to upgrade. I would get a D850 but want to wait until Nikon announces details of their mirrorless before I invest in FX glass. So I'm thinking D5600 in the meantime (and still get the D850 if the mirrorless looks lesser) and want to know how to get the best from it. Also I am a bit confused about the reported D5600 buffer size - anywhere from 5 to 11 in 14 bit raw, is this card dependent? I mainly shoot wildlife (birds and insects) and landscapes and only have one good lens - the 200-500 f5.6. Here's a bee taken with this combo...

Nikon D5100 Nikon D5600 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow