Legacy Lenses for Micro Four Thirds

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Astrotripper Veteran Member • Posts: 6,184
Re: Legacy Lenses for Micro Four Thirds

patrick_hg wrote:

Hi, I'm relatively new to photography and I'm looking to broaden my range of lenses, since all I've used in the last 6 months is the Olympus 45mm f1.7 on my EM-10 MkII.

I've looked into using legacy lenses which will allow me to improve my actual photography skill but I don't really know which lens models are good and which aren't.

Canon FD, Olympus OM, I hear good things about Minolta Rokkors. The lenses known to be very good are often more expensive and rarely a bargain.

I'd also not really like to have to fork out hundreds of pounds since that's why I'm interested in legacy lenses in the first place as they don't cost a fortune yet you can still get good image quality.

You mention you want to get better as a photographer by using such lenses. Maybe consider going all hardcore and get an actual film camera?

I'd quite like a decent telephoto prime and possibly a 24/28mm prime so if anyone has any recommendations in line with those lenses or just any lenses that'd be greatly appreciated.

The two most popular and cheapest focal lengths will be 50mm and 135mm. The 24mm tend to be more expensive. I have an Olympus OM 135mm f/3.5 which is quite nice and quite compact.

Astrotripper's gear list:Astrotripper's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M1 II +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow