Looking for something near 65-70mm f1.4 for M4/3

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Impulses Veteran Member • Posts: 6,361
Looking for something near 65-70mm f1.4 for M4/3

I jokingly made a throwaway comment elsewhere saying I wished there was something like a 60mm f1.4 lens for M4/3 (closest is the Oly m.Zuiko 75/1.8), and someone suggested an OM 85/2 on a SpeedBooster would fit the bill.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to adapted glass, and usually dismiss most suggestions in that vein because of MF and because they're often so big, that OM 85/2 is so tiny tho! So it piqued my interest and I've been looking into it. I guess the most logical approach would be an OM to EF adapter and then some brand of focal reducer no?

So that's question #1, the broader question #2 is whether there's some other lens that would fit the bill; either something that's actually around 60-70mm and f1.4 or some other 85-90mm f2 lens that's worth looking into? Like I said, I'm totally ignorant on this subject, the OM 85/2's compact size and decent reputation when shot wide open is really what made me start looking, so any suggestion that's comparably sized would be awesome.

The fact that I could use that 85/2 as a 123mm EFL lens or a 170mm lens depending on what adapter I use is kinda interesting too tho... FWIW, I have a Panasonic 35-100mm f2.8, a Sigma 60/2.8 on loan (great lens, cheap enough I might get it anyway), and would just buy the Oly 75/1.8 if I really wanted it, so anything much longer or slower than that 85/2 wouldn't be as interesting for my purpose.

Thanks in advance!

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic GX850 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 Panasonic 8-18mm F2.8-4 +32 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow