Attempted astro with eos m + 22mm lens but frame flashed red and won't take shot

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
bobkoure
bobkoure Senior Member • Posts: 1,574
Re: Attempted astro with eos m + 22mm lens but frame flashed red and won't take shot

SoCalWill wrote:

bobkoure wrote:

I focused manually, using zoomed-in live view. I'd get better results if I just focused the lens as far as it can go?

Auto-focus on the moon, switch to manual focus - now you're locked at true infinity.

Sounds like a great solution but the moon was down when I got out there last night

BTW I'm finding it... interesting to find buttons with my fingers with the camera rotated up so far. One cool thing the D750 can do that the 600 could not is remap the 'record' button next to the LCD to ISO. I saw that in the manual, wondered why anybody would want it, as the ISO button already there on the back of the camera is easy to press with my left thumb, but yeah, OK, now I like this functionality

bobkoure's gear list:bobkoure's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 14mm f/2.8D ED Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow