Best digital body for my Olympus OM lenses?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
James Pilcher Veteran Member • Posts: 9,391
Best digital body for my Olympus OM lenses?

My brother-in-law has asked for a digital camera to which he can affix his collection of old OM lenses. He knows nothing about what he’s asking. Making a long question short: Is there a consensus out there about the best platform for adapted OM lenses? I’m positive that m4/3 or 4/3 will shock him with the 2x conversion factor.

So, I’m looking for an APS-C or 35mm FF digital that will make him relatively happy when he attaches his OM lenses. Used is just fine if in good condition. Fuji? Sony? Or ???

Disclosure: I’m a dyed-in-the-wool m4/3 user and fanatic since 2011, and I was enthusiastically in 4/3 for seven years before that, starting when the E-1 was current and all that Olympus offered. I just don’t think anything to do with 4/3 is the proper solution for old OM lenses and a novice photographer. Actually, I think he should forget his OM lenses and start fresh with digital.

Jim Pilcher
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
Life is a breeze by the sea

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Fujifilm X70 Olympus PEN-F +8 more
Olympus E-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow