Canon 80D Shutter Release Button

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mlackey Regular Member • Posts: 475
Canon 80D Shutter Release Button

I've just traded for a Canon 80D.  And I'm not sure my new camera is behaving correctly.

The shutter release button does not seem right.  Like all other models, it has a half-press which starts auto focus / auto exposure, and then a full press to release the shutter.  Except on this camera, when the shutter release is fully depressed, the button goes click.  Yes, the button itself makes a "click" noise.   It can be best heard when fully pressed with the camera off.  You can also feel it in the tip of the finger.  It sure seems as if this button was designed to give "tactile feedback" to the user.  I currently own a 5D, and 7D, and now the 80D, and the shutter release button on the 80D sues seems odd.

All you other 80D owners, please try the following:  turn off the camera and fully press the shutter release button.  Does it make a "click" noise, can you feel a "snap" when the button reaches bottom?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow