80D - Busy - please wait.......

Started Apr 26, 2016 | Questions thread
Andy01 Contributing Member • Posts: 989
Re: 80D - Busy - please wait.......

Clive50 wrote:

What SD card do you use what class and speed?
I only ever use sandisk class 10's in my 80D and rattle off lots of shots and not yet had the busy message, I shoot high quality RAW and fast continuous shooting. You can buy expensive cards with very fast read write speeds which will help to. I think mine are +/- 90mb rad and 60mb write but not having one handy I can't check.

I think that the "Class 10" speed is as close to meaningless as makes no difference. I seem to recall that Sandisk Ultra cards have been class 10 for a few years now, and back then they had write speeds around 16-20Mb/s (maybe even less). A new Sandisk Extreme Pro 95Mb/s (with a true 90-95Mb/s write speed) is still called a class 10 by some.

The 70D was limited to around 42Mb/s irrespective of a faster card being used and the M6/6D ii (and presumably 80D) is limited to around 74Mb/s (from memory - I am traveling and don't have access to my test results).

Even a 80Mb/s Sandisk Extreme is only 80Mb/s for read - it is about 57-60Mb/s write. Numbers can be misleading.

Colin

Andy01's gear list:Andy01's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow