Impact of EVF and exposure + GPS tagging if I switch systems.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BOONER Regular Member • Posts: 108
Impact of EVF and exposure + GPS tagging if I switch systems.

I am thinking of switching from Pentax to micro 4/3 and I wanted to get the opinion of the forum if I will see the benefits I am looking for.   I often shoot in mixed sunlight and shade where I shoot multiple exposures to get an exposure to save the highlights and then edit it when I get back, usually pulling up the shadows a lot.  Because of this I shoot exclusively raw and the editing time can be long.

I know you can see a histogram and preview of the shot in the viewfinder when shooting with a mirrorless camera.  Is it practical to think that I could shoot JPEG because I could see the shot ahead of time, or at least get the right exposure on the first shot so when I am back at home editing I don't have to sort through a large number of the same pictures with multiple exposures?  What are your thoughts?

My last question is what is the best solution for GPS tagging photos on micro four/thirds.  Using my phone is not an option because on multi-day hikes it will not have the battery.  Currently my Pentax has GPS built in.

Thanks

BOONER's gear list:BOONER's gear list
Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL Pentax smc DA 50mm F1.8 HD Pentax DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED WR Pentax 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 WR +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow