A6000 excessive mirrored ghosting - HELP

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FridayFrothys New Member • Posts: 3
A6000 excessive mirrored ghosting - HELP

Hey!

First time posting here, but I’ve gained a wealth of knowledge following along. So first up, thanks everyone!

I travel a huge amount for work, and figured I should be making the most of the amazing places I go, so I picked up an a6000 a few months ago as my first ‘hobbyist’ camera, and I’ve barely put it down since. Shooting predominantly landscape and Astro, I hadn’t really taken many photos with significant bright and dark contrast across the frame. I have the kit lens, the Samyang 12mm, and the 55-210.

I am am currently in Sydney and was taking a few photos of Icebergs bar and pools in the evening, as well as a little nightscape of Bondi, and noticed an insane amount of mirrored ghosting. I have not noticed this before but maybe I just haven’t encountered this type of scene. I’ve since played around and noticed it on anything with a bright light source!!! It’s doing my head in!

Here’s 2 photos I took. One is shown as an iPhone photo of what I see in the viewfinder of the jpeg, and then one is the image when transferred to my phone, the other is from the LCD screen and appears the same on my laptop. I tried these shots with the kit lens and with the Samyang - same, same. I have tons more examples if needed.

Bear in mind I’m NOT using ANY filters, can someone please tell me if this is just a facet of this camera, or if my sensor (or something else) is problematic. I realise one of these shots is super out of focus, my camera slipped on the post I had it resting on haha.

I posted this from my phone so sorry if there’s any issues with formatting or images.

Please help - this seems extreme to me!!!

Cheers!!!

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow