My D500 handled a job where my E-M1 Mk II overheated and shut down

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Accipiter_89 New Member • Posts: 12
Re: My D500 handled a job where my E-M1 Mk II overheated and shut down

brianric wrote:

Bobby J wrote:

Nearly 16,000 photos in 5 hrs!!!! That is mind boggling. I'm surprised any camera could survive that. To be blunt, I can't imagine why any photographer would even do that. I think it would be me that overheated and not the camera!😃😳

Why I do it? I lost my mother, father, and brother to cancer, and my two sisters are breast cancer survivors. I participated in ten 2-day 194 mile bicycle ride called the Pan Massachusetts Challenge and did fifteen 26.2 mile walks called the Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk and raised over $75,000 for Dana Farber Cancer Institute. This is Philly's big cancer cycling event and I've been their end point photographer for six years. I will continue shooting this event in the same way until I can't shoot anymore.

With these fast cameras it is surprisingly easy to shoot a lot of photos. Everyone has their own style and if you have time to go through them...then it's no problem. That was a serious test for the camera, but i'm sure it is nonetheless useful for em1m2 owners to know it can happen.

Thank you for all the good you've done for cancer research, just showing everyone here how our photography knowledge can be used to do some good.

Also, sorry for your losses

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
Dan
NCV
Dan
NCV
Dan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow