My D500 handled a job where my E-M1 Mk II overheated and shut down

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
whumber
whumber Senior Member • Posts: 1,585
Re: A simple question

NCV wrote:

Why did you need to take 16,000 pictures of this five-hour event?

What you did is not “photography” but spray and pray “shooting”. I am sorry to be harsh but that is what it is. I know this “machine gun camera” technique is now the way a lot of “photo journalists” now work.

I'm sorry but you simply have no idea what you're talking about in this particular instance. The goal of the format OP is shooting is not to generate a handful of shots for a magazine article but to get shots of as many participants as possible for their personal consumption. For large events the photographer should absolutely be generating massive amounts of images over the course of a day. OP shot around 3500 participants based on the press release for the event so that works out to about 4.5 shots per person. Maybe overdoing it slightly but enough to give most people a 2-3 keepers of themselves to pick between.

whumber's gear list:whumber's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 150mm 1:2.0 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
Dan
NCV
Dan
NCV
Dan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow