Sony RX 10 IV versus Comparable SLR/Lens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sgitlin Forum Member • Posts: 65
Sony RX 10 IV versus Comparable SLR/Lens

My major type of shooting is wildlife, birds, landscapes etc. , where I need a fairly strong zoom reach.  I currently shoot with a Panasonic FZ 1000, but I think the CPU in the camera is starting to have a nervous breakdown.  ISO, White Balance, and other settings are changing by themselves without any touching from me.

I'm looking at the Sony RX 10 IV as a replacement, and am also looking at a combination of a full-frame camera like the Nikon D750, combined with a 100mm - 400mm lens from Tamron or Sigma.   The cost of that combo would be just a few hundred dollars more than the Sony.  I'm not concerned re closer than 100mm shooting, as I can cover that with the FZ1000 if needed.

My two highest priorities for a new camera are IQ and fast focus.  I do very little video, so that doesn't fit into the decision process.  My question is, for those who may have tried both, is how does the Sony IQ match up with the above DSLR/Lens combo at say the 400mm zoom level?  I like the extended range of the Sony (600mm) but I don't want to sacrifice IQ for having that extra range.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Stew

Nikon D750 Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow