Strange Banding

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steve Besserman
Steve Besserman Regular Member • Posts: 135
Strange Banding

Shot this in a hospital delivery room with XT2 (most current v.4.0 firmware).There was a combination of some natural window light and artificial lighting. This banding is most prevalent in the first several shots, but is noticeable in many shots throughout the session. in each frame, the bands run parallel to the long axis (landscape). I was shooting with electronic shutter so as not to be distracting. I have never seen anything like this prior to or since this particular shoot, either with electronic or mechanical shutter.

I was wondering if it might be some interaction between lighting source and elec. shutter. Would appreciate any knowledgable feedback or similar experience.

Banding processed in On1

To further complicate matters, when I imported into LR (v.6.7 with C.Raw 9.7), each image thumbnail displayed with the proper exposure initially, but as the file loaded, it darkened by 1.5 to 2 stops. I then opened the images in On1 Photo Raw 2018, and had no such issue. I deleted and reinstalled the files in LR and experienced the same under exposure issue. I had not altered any import or develop settings in LR, and subsequent imports from other shooting sessions rendered fine when imported.

Hard to imagine these two issues being related, but it's odd that I've never experienced either prior to or since this one event.

Banding with under exposure as rendered in LR

Any input on either or both of these issues would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

Steve Besserman
stevebesserman.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90055115@N00/

Steve Besserman's gear list:Steve Besserman's gear list
Nikon D3 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +12 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow