Feisol CT-3442 + Acratech GP-SS Ballhead?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
WestO Regular Member • Posts: 205
Re: Feisol CT-3442 + Acratech GP-SS Ballhead?

mujana wrote:

mujana wrote:

Does anyone here have experiences with this combination? I have a (heavy) Manfrotto tripod, but still want to buy a travel tripod...so not too heavy, but still good quality. Have been reading on and off for months now (and posted here before). Max weight equipment maybe 5 kg in future. Ofcourse I like packable small, but I do not want to compromise on stability / quality too much and without "RRS prices". What's your opinion about this combination? Pros/ cons? Any better ideas?

Thank you!

And then...what about the Arca Swiss P0 ballhead on this tripod?? I'm a little all over the place, but there are too many (ballheads/tripods/configurations). All advice on this tripod and Acratech GP-SS / Arca Swiss P0 ballheads very welcome!

I can vouch for the tripod. Solid, tall, super light and folds relatively small. It is probably the best bang for the buck out there.

The only potential issue is the narrow angle of the legs in the main position. This has never cause me a problem, but it has the potential to tip over easier than normal.

I use it with the Sirui K-20x ballhead. The heads your considering have more features and are name brands, but the Sirui ballheads are like the Feisol of tripods.

-- hide signature --

Just here to improve.
https://500px.com/westokid

WestO's gear list:WestO's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow