Decentered Zeiss 24mmm 1.8 - return or keep?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Karafuru Forum Member • Posts: 96
Re: Decentered Zeiss 24mmm 1.8 - return or keep?

Gimble wrote:

AndyTheDane wrote:

Ouch! Did the repairs fix it (and without causing any other ill effects in the proces)?

I would be interested in hearing the answer to that too.

I have a 16-70 Zeiss lens. It is generally pretty sharp. (It was the best of three copies that I tried.) However at 24mm it is very soft on one side - irrespective of aperture.

Is it likely that I could get the lens "fixed" - without creating issues at other focal lengths? (i.e. can Sony's consumer grade zoom lenses generally be adjusted to solve such issues?)

If anyone has had a good experience with getting a lens repaired in the UK I would be greatful for a recommendation.

BTW - if I had a good quality lens that worked and was at a good price then I would definitely regard it as a keeper.

The repairs fixed it. No other ill effect in the process that I noticed for the 24mm. I had sent the 16-70 for repair to replace the zoom ring, it had a click in it. It came back with some slack on the zoom ring but the click was gone. I also pointed out that my copy of the 16-70 was a bit soft on the left side at 35mm. They said it was within specifications and it did not need repairs. Good luck

Karafuru's gear list:Karafuru's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 II Sony a6500 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow