Canon Pro 1000 waste tank £!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Mark McCormick Senior Member • Posts: 1,220
Re: Canon Pro 1000 waste tank £!

ChicagoRob wrote:

The Pro 1000 is a great printer, but expensive to operate.

Because I have several printers in my studio and mainly produce large format (20x30 inch prints or larger), my Pro-1000 is definitely in a "low use" situation not unlike many folks who buy it thinking it can sit quietly unattended in a corner waiting for an occasional print to be made. It can, but it also means it does heavy cleaning cycles to get up and running again such that it looks like it never clogs, but the preemptive cleaning cycles in low usage scenarios do add up to considerable ink volumes ending up in the waste tank.

My extensive records I've collected over the last two years indicate I spend about 30 US dollars per month "maintenance fees" for the privilege of having the Pro-1000 in my studio, always ready and able to print when I want it to make some prints. The Pro-1000 is indeed very reliable in low use conditions, but it is also a real ink hog unless you print regularly and in relatively high volumes per print session.

kind regards,

Mark

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow