Upgrading from Kit Lens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Casualshots_1 New Member • Posts: 2
Upgrading from Kit Lens

Hi all,

I have been using Canon EOS 200D from a couple of months now. I have the below lenses in my collection

1. Kit Lens - Canon 18-55mm STM f4-5.6

2. Canon EF-S STM 24mm f/2.8

3. Canon EF STM 50mm f/1.8

While, I am totally satisfied with the performance of 24mm and 50mm primes, I do miss some resolution while shooting with Kit Lens at wide end for landscape photography.

I have been thinking about an upgrade of Kit Lens to one of the below standard zooms (want to avoid changing lenses)

1. Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM

2. Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 Contemporary

I want to understand and get opinion on how the above 2 would perform with respect to my kit lens at Wide angle? Is anyone of the above a worthy upgrade and is there a noticeable difference in IQ (especially in corners)?

Improvement in sharpness over the kit lens is my priority (esp at the wide end). I have heard excellent reviews on IQ for Sigma 18-35mm but haven't shortlisted it here due to reports of inconsistent focus.

Thanks

Casualshots_1's gear list:Casualshots_1's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Canon 18-55 F4-5.6 IS STM
Canon EOS Rebel SL2 (EOS 200D / Kiss X9)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow