Tamron 60mm F2 reviews?

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Eliot Kramer Regular Member • Posts: 334
Tamron 60mm F2 reviews?

Hello.

Looking to hear from users for some opinions. Got a chance to handle the lens for a very short time at the store, considering buying it but would like to see more info from people with experience handling the lens.

1. Are you happy with AF speed in everyday shooting, like a client portrait session where you are trying to capture different moments/expressions/poses?

2. Is the focus ring a little sticky/resistant? It felt imprecise and wobbly yet somehow tough to turn. There is the initial looseness to it that makes me think it will be very light yet within about 3mm it becomes tough to turn, feeling sticky and unpleasant, like you are "working" the lens.

Having a Tamron 35, 45, 85 I am used to their silky smooth feeling focus rings. This lens felt like it was from the 70's and is "mechanical" compared to the "digital butter" feeling I get from the modern Tamrons.

Kinda love the focal range, kinda hate the feel of how it handles. I was happy with the 2 images I did in the store, obviously cannot comment on the overall lens performance. The online reviews give it good performance marks as far as sharpness, aberrations, etc.

Advice?

Thank you.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow