Zeiss Contax-G Sonnar 2.8/90

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Mathieu18
Mathieu18 Senior Member • Posts: 3,694
Re: Zeiss Contax-G Sonnar 2.8/90

Goodto know thanks. I have a Metabones, my gripe with that style is they had to make it big for the 21, so it’s oversized for the smaller lenses, adds too much bulk and weight.

Joachim Wulfers wrote:

Mathieu18 wrote:

Which do you use? Still not thrilled with my I’ve tried.

Joachim Wulfers wrote:

Mathieu18 wrote:

Thanks, I think they had a good size clearing, though they also stayed surprisingly low at first...

Yea, the R2 is about the best combo. The newer bodies don’t play nice with the TA-GA3 still...

Joachim Wulfers wrote:

Mathieu18 wrote:

I like these Contax G threads! Liking the rendering of the river in your shots.

Nice balloon shot. I would be concerned to get punctured by one of those cacti. Looks like the A7RII behaves very nicely with the 2/45 and 2.8/90.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

MattParvin.com
It’s a lot easier to post a photo than it is to write 1,000 words...
“I believe there is nothing more disturbing than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept” ~ AA

I only use manual adapters with my C-G lenses.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

MattParvin.com
“I believe there is nothing more disturbing than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept” ~ AA

I use the Fotodiox with both, the 45mm and 90 mm lenses. It is quite smooth after having been used for a few years. I looked at the TAs and was not impressed with the focus speed so decided to stay manual.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

MattParvin.com

Mathieu18's gear list:Mathieu18's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R Sony Alpha a7R II Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/25 Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 50mm F2 Sony FE 50mm F1.8 +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow