Which lenses for A6500 to be comparable to RX10iv in ability and price?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
caliblood New Member • Posts: 3
Which lenses for A6500 to be comparable to RX10iv in ability and price?

The two cameras I am looking at are the A6500 and the RX10iv. I am coming from a 1/2.3" sensor point-and-shoot Canon 12mp with 12x zoom. It is time to upgrade!

The RX10 iv offers me convenience and a high quality Zeiss lens for $1700 USD but it is bulky and only 1" sensor. The 25x zoom is attractive to me.

The A6500 offers a bigger APS sensor in a small package but with the inconvenience of not having an all-in-one lens. I will not mind having 2 lenses... it is a trade-off that I will live with to have a bigger sensor.

I'm asking for some suggestions for those 2 lenses to compete with the RX10iv. It seems that every "good quality" lens that I have found brings the price well above the RX10iv even though the A6500 body is now about $1000. The cheap-er sony lenses have gotten bad reviews.

My uses include vacations trips to cities, possibly wildlife, scenery, landscapes in the near future. I'd like the 4K video. I am not a professional.

Any suggestions, thoughts, tips are appreciated

Thank you very much!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6500 Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
al.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow