RB67 outing.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tony brown Veteran Member • Posts: 4,193
RB67 outing.

In my 80th year, I decided to take my old 6lb Mamiya out for the day in Connemara without a tripod. Using 120 size rolls of Ilford FP4, developing in Ro9 (Rodinal), Epson scanning the negs and PP in CS6. Unfortunately the weather was rather dull and misty but the experience was fun even though I had to use 1/30th and 1/60th shutter speeds. Here are some results but NOT the colour image which was from a 5 MPixel, Minolta Dimage7 16 years ago at the same location.

Suprising how good was the Minolta's 5 MP! I really appreciated having the resources of CS6 to apply to PP my B&W neagtives. It made a great change from my Canon digital gear but I will be happy to return to them. All my CS6 skills were learnt in this Forum over many years - thank you!

By the time my negs had been sharpened and then processed to reduce the grain, they were little more than 4 MP in size. My full frame Canon 6D can easily compete. The advantages of B&W film seems to be dynamic range and the Mamiya's excellent fixed focal length lenses. I used 50mm, 90mm and 180mm lenses as suited the situation.

Ignore the Exif data show on DPReview It seems to come from the Epson scanner.

Now I need a physio to sooth my biceps.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Tony.

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow