Kudos to CPW!

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David Pavlich
David Pavlich Senior Member • Posts: 3,192
Kudos to CPW!

I placed myself on the notify list when Canon replenished their stock of refurbed 5DIVs.  However, I emailed CPW about it to make sure that I was on the list, they gave me several alternatives.  I chose one that gave me a new 5DIV, a Canon grip, and a 13 month Drop&Spill protection.  It's a USA Canon dealer.  But because of how CPW has this deal set up, I'd rather not reveal the dealer.

Anyway, I tried to pay for it, but my card was rejected and for good reason; I live in Winnipeg, MB, the camera shop is in New York and I'm having it delivered to Pembina, North Dakota which has a cross border postal service making it easier for Canadians to purchase goods from the states.

I contacted CPW for some help.  Within a half hour, the camera shop called me.  They've dealt with this before and said to call the credit card company.  My wife got on the phone with Niki from the credit card company and got it straightened out.  Niki was kind enough to stay on the phone while I completed the purchasing process to ensure that all went well, and it did.  Niki went above and beyond taking the time to make sure all was well.

At any rate, the people at CPW were on the ball the whole time.  Quick to respond.  I should have the camera in a few days.  Yes, I have to take a 2 hour trip across the border to get it, but there is considerable savings.

David

-- hide signature --

"The world doesn't need you...." Gene Simmons
Viewbug: https://www.viewbug.com/member/David_Pavlich

David Pavlich's gear list:David Pavlich's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow