Advice on gear to take to Vancouver/Island

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
northlondon43 Senior Member • Posts: 1,226
Advice on gear to take to Vancouver/Island

Hi all

My wife and I are going on a two week trip to Vancouver and Vancouver Island (Victoria, Ucluelot, Campbell River) in late August.  On the island we'll be going on two water trips to see brown bears, birds, whales etc.  So basically, I'm interested in taking cityscapes, street photos, landscape and of course wildlife.

Currently I'm thinking of taking the following gear, but would appreciate any advice from anyone with experience of a similar trip/ knowledge of the local area.

Panasonic G80 (and maybe GX8 as back up or laziness in terms of swapping lenses)

12-35 f2.8 mainly for Vancouver (city centre, Stanley Park and Grouse Mountain)

35-100 f2.8 ditto above

100-400 for wildlife on the island

Olympus 45 f1.8 for portraits (and hey it's so light why not anyway)

The lens I'm undecided about is the Panasonic 7-14mm.  Why? Extra weight vs need - given the locations I've mentioned would it add significant value?

I'm also undecided about taking either a travel tripod or a monopod (with expanding legs = tripod) as again, I'm not sure whether they'll be needed.

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Adrian
An amateur, atheist, alliterationist

northlondon43's gear list:northlondon43's gear list
Canon G7 X II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
ANSWER:
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow