E-M1.2 video files broken up into small chunks????

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kwa_photo
kwa_photo Veteran Member • Posts: 3,357
E-M1.2 video files broken up into small chunks????

Ok, I get the recording limit but I am stumped. I can't seem record in C4k beyond about 1.5 to 2 minutes! I just tried to take a simple video of my daughter's dance recital this evening and her dance was only about 3 minutes long. It broke it up into 2 files???? What the? I did some reading and it seems it breaks them up at 4GB (very strange), which I didn't notice before I bought the camera...never seen this before with any camera. However, it was breaking mine up at about 2-3GB each. Unless there is a work around, this makes the camera utterly useless for ANY type of video. Seriously. I knew of the 29 min limit and can live with that, but this is ridiculous.

Does anyone know of a work around? I'd had to have to sell my new to me E-M1.2. Yuck. Really don't want to do that. Any help or advise would be appreciated.

I LOVE the Olympus for my stills and really like the video quality. I also do some video of stage work (theatrical) and can work around the 29 min limit with a quick stop/start during scene changes, etc. and put the files together. Fine. But if I am looking at doing that for every 3-4GB.....no way.  That would be ridiculous.

-- hide signature --

Ken
FujiFilm FinePix Moderator (Please PM vs. a public post if you have concerns or questions about the forum)

kwa_photo's gear list:kwa_photo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Olympus 9mm F8 Fish-Eye Body Cap Lens +4 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow