Third party battery advice

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ms18
ms18 Senior Member • Posts: 2,460
Third party battery advice

I just recently purchase 2x Fuji X-T20 cameras in order to shoot wedding. As second shooter in the beginning. I'm waiting for those cameras to arrive to Sri Lanka.
I bought it in Australia as I got good offer and there is no one sell Fuji in Lanka.
So I've only got two Fuji batteries. Now it's time to buy backup batteries. I'm planning to settle on 3rd party batteries to save cost. I heard good news about patona batteries in UK and Wasabi in USA. But again i need to buy there and ship it here. Shipping cost is same as the cost of the item. I also found some batteries in Ali express but I don't know about their qualities. I also like to purchase from ebay but again to ship Sri Lanka Patona and Wasabi are expensive as sellers are shipping from west.

1) How many batteries I will need? I'm planning to buy 4x wasabi/Patona batteries. Given that I already own 2 genuine batteries from bodies Is that over kill?

2) Where can I buy Patona batteries for good price in UK? I would like to look for bundle to cut cost.

4) Is there any other brands that worth while looking which are from china, hongkong? Because i can get them for good shipping rate. If you have purchased any brand from ebay , aliexpress and having good experience please share you ideas.

If I'm buying wasabi I'm going to buy 2units of this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VVGY5KW
But the issue is shipping cost is very high

ms18's gear list:ms18's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Fujifilm X-T20 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +5 more
Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow