Re: Which lense to take on holiday?

afcjay wrote:

Hi, I am new to photograpy and have purchased the following

Nikon D3200 body and the following Nikon DR Lenses

18-55mm

35mm

18-105mm

70-300mm

As stated I am new to photograpy and have bought the above so I am not to restricted to what I photograph

My question is I am looking to go on holiday to the Greek islands and wanted to try to take a single lense with me or 2 at most.

I enjoy taking pictures of scenery ie the sea views,boats,woodland,castles,village life and such during the daytime up until dusk as well as some portraits

I won't really be looking to take photos after dark

My question is, which single lense would you recommend I should take or at a push which 2 lenses and for what purposes

Many thanks

Might be too late into the game, but I would like to give my two cents. Mind you Im no pro but I have travelled a lot with the 18-105mm with my D90 and I can tell you that the 18-105mm is the jack of all trades and master of none. It was sharp enough to give me some good prints to hang around the house and its a good all around lens. I did think I needed more reach, so years ago, I went out and bought the Tammy 18-270mm. After a few trips, I learned that I really didn't use the 270mm on vacation and it wasn't as sharp as the 18-105mm. I just recently went on a trip to Scotland and London and took the D610 with the 24-70 2.8 and the 50mm 1.8 with the Bendro carbon fiber tripod. I was happy with that. I wished I had something wider but rarely said I needed more reach.

Take the 18-105mm, the 35mm since it is small enough to pack and the joby tripod. You might not think youll get night shots, but Im you might have the chance to take some really great night shots with long exposure and the Joby will help you do that. Id leave the 70-300mm at home. Too heavy, too big and remember youll need the room for when you go shopping and bring things home.. the over weight baggage fees will get you.

javiair's gear list:javiair's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D610 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow