Fuji tele lenses and rumors

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mike lix Regular Member • Posts: 146
Fuji tele lenses and rumors

Hi guys,

recently I came from Pentax. Currently I use X-T2, XF 90/2 and Zeiss Touit 32/1.8. I shoot mostly dog portraits and sometimes also some action stuff (also dogs, but also some general event stuff). I am very happy with both the XF 90/2 and Zeiss 32/1.8.

I would like to add some tele lens in the future too, mainly for action an general reach. I already got used to pro level optics that I love, thus I don´t like the 55-200/3.5-4.8 (and furthermore it is supposed not to be that fast focusing which is a deal breaker for me).

Currently the only possibilities are 50-140/2.8 (which would substitute my stellar 90/2) and 100-400/4.5-5.6, which has not very fast aperture, (furthermore is quite heavy, but that is not a deal breaker). In the end, I could actually get the 100-400, but if there was another ´better´ option, it would be great. All in all, I would need the 300-400mm reach very rarely, I guess. On Pentax I owned 50-135/2.8, which was short. I also had Sigma 70-200/2.8, which was very good, maybe a bit short. And also Pentax 60-250/4, which had useful range (300mm would be better but 250mm was OK). Something like 80-250/4 or 100-300/4, or 150mm + 1.4x TC would be brilliant 

Anyway, I read there will be a new 200/2, that should work with TCs and will cost about 6.000 USD. Well, that price I am not able to pay. Is there anything else that should come in some kind of tele range? Are there any rumors?

Opinions and relevant rumors highly appreciated! 

mike

mike lix's gear list:mike lix's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 XF 90mm
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow