Sony custom service is terrible

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dabd Junior Member • Posts: 37
Sony custom service is terrible

My experience:

bought an RX100 III, after 6 months of use the focus was getting stuck constantly and the thumb grip started coming off.  The thumb grip coming off like it was glued with cheap glue is unacceptable in a "high-end" compact camera as they brand it.  Sent the camera back to Sony through the retailer (still under warranty, obviously), for repair.

The camera comes back with the focusing problem fixed but the thumb grip is still off. The technicians did not even care to service the camera and give it to the customer in the best possible shape!

So I contacted Sony through customer service expressing my dissatisfaction and they told me if I return the camera again through the retailer, they would fix the thumb grip.

Weeks later (today, in fact), I receive an email from the retailer quoting Sony wanted to charge me 105£ (that is a more than 20% of the price of the camera) for fixing the thumb grip!

And here I am waiting for my camera for 2 months now due to inefficient, crappy and disrespectful customer service.

Anyone had similar experiences?

P.S. I heard Leica has impeccable customer service and they will service the entire camera free of charge if it goes in for repair. I guess you get what you pay for and I would gladly shell out the money for a Leica if I could.

Sony RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow