So I waited for the VI and then saw the price!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rotlex
Rotlex Contributing Member • Posts: 922
So I waited for the VI and then saw the price!

Man, a bit frustrated as I have been waiting what seem like forever for the RX100VI.  (As I'm sure many have).

I own and still use the RX100III as I never saw the need to upgrade and figured the VI would bring the stuff I had been waiting for.  It does. The zoom is perfect for me and I'm sure it's a bit faster and more capable than the III. With that said, I'm sorry, the price is INSANE.  I was really hoping to see it at 1K or less, not that that's not INSANE as well, but it's kind of a mental limit for a compact P&S no matter how good it is.

I was also hoping to see maybe a price drop on the V but so far nothing other than B&H with their fairly normal $949 price.  Any thoughts on that?

With all that said, my III still performs very well.  It's a beast really, having many battle scars including a slightly dented front lens housing from doing a slinky down the stairs of the Mexico pavilion in Epcot last year!   Much to my surprise, it still functions perfectly.

Maybe it's a sign.  Keep the III.  Keep the III.  LOL.

-- hide signature --

Steve

Rotlex's gear list:Rotlex's gear list
Sony RX100 III
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow