Upgrade 1dx "mark i" or not? But for what?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kim van Heuven Regular Member • Posts: 109
Upgrade 1dx "mark i" or not? But for what?

Hi all,

Currently using a Sony A7RIII along side with my 1dx camera. Do love the colors from the 1dx, the build quality. Wish the camera had some more MP for cropping.

In addition the canon does feels large compared to my Sony, even with battery grip. But very well balanced with bigger lenses and love the ergonomics.

I wonder would I should with the canon. It has low clicks and it looks in flawless condition. But with new models coming out of course the resale value drops.

Wouldnt mind trading it in for something new if I still get reasonable money for it. (would the camera be worth anything anymore if a wait for another year compared to now?)

The dilemma I have is that I would have no clue what to change it for. The 1dx mark ii is on the market for some time and doesn’t have much more MP nor I believe has much better image quality. Don’t think a mark IV would be a smart move having a Sony A7RIII already.

It’s pretty vague what canons mirrorless near future would be as well. Could do something fancy and buy a Fuji GFX but do I really need that having the Sony.

What would you do, keep it or trade in for something else, but what?

Thanks for your thoughts.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow