Viewfinder- can you live without it?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
MediaArchivist
MediaArchivist Veteran Member • Posts: 4,659
Sidelines?

david__p wrote:

dpcane wrote:

david__p wrote:

pet peeve...shooting while looking at the LCD looks consumerish. the person looks like an iPhone shooter.

Fyi, people don’t think you look that cool holding a camera to your face, like a ‘real’ photographer, as photographers aren’t that cool.

let me know when you see a phtoag on the sidelines of an NFL game holding his 300-500mm down by his waist using the LCD in the bright afternoon light. lol!

I think you are the only photographer on the NFL sidelines that cares about looking cool, or avoiding looking consumer-ish. Sports photographers care about the shots they are getting (or missing). Not that it matters: most photographers are not NFL photographers, or even sports photographers, so what happens on NFL sidelines is not relevant to them.

I don't shoot sports, and I really don't care what I look like when I am taking photos (and I use the rear screen most of the time). I care that people look at my photos, which they do.

-- hide signature --

Want a roXplosion!?

MediaArchivist's gear list:MediaArchivist's gear list
Sony a99 II Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF Sony 24mm F2 SSM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow