Please critique...bird photos EM1 Mark ll sharpness

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PicLiz
PicLiz Contributing Member • Posts: 521
Please critique...bird photos EM1 Mark ll sharpness

Could these be sharper? If so, what are your suggestions  I have noise filter off. I am, of course, still learning the em1 markll and am getting varied results.  It's a lot to take in! I am wondering if I am also limited by the lens. Oly 75-300 4:8-6-7 ll. I find it is soft toward the end of its focal length, particularly in lower light.

Also, I have read a few posts about using the electronic shutter. I take a lot of photos like these...through my kitchen window. Would mechanical or electronic shutter be best for these types of photos? I'm finding in many of my bluebird images the blue is very blue and much of the feather detail is obscured...this happens with cardinals except with red of course. The wind was blowing when I took the bird on the tree.

I can post more examples if needed.

Thanks for any help.

-- hide signature --

And we never failed to fail it was the
easiest thing to do...
Crosby, Stills & Nash

PicLiz's gear list:PicLiz's gear list
Panasonic G85 Olympus OM-D E-M10 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +3 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow