If we don't all go mirrorless, we must at least be quiet and polite Locked

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
MikeFairbanks New Member • Posts: 22
If we don't all go mirrorless, we must at least be quiet and polite

This post comes from my viewing, this evening, of the historic meeting between the U.S. president and the North Korean president.

As I sat and watched this remarkable moment, I couldn't hear a darn word either leader said in each room.  Why?

DSLRs and their mirrors slapping around at 10 frames per second multiplied by a hundred cameras, along with dozens of strobes going off at the same time was extremely distracting and rude.

This is much of the reason I chose to go mirrorless and buy a Sony A73.  I don't want to be a distraction during quiet events like conferences, recitals, etc.

It's time for all manufacturers to offer silent (not quiet) choices for professionals, and more importantly, it's time for professional photographers to stop using distracting sounds and lights during press conferences.

Tonight was ridiculous.  I recorded much of it and have a thirty second clip on twitter: mfairbanksimage.

MikeFairbanks's gear list:MikeFairbanks's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX530 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Apple iPhone X +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow