Is there a way to review a picture on the G7x mk II without retracting the lens right away?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
requa
requa Contributing Member • Posts: 611
Re: Is there a way to review a picture on the G7x mk II without retracting the lens right away?

If adjusting the preview timer is working for you, I'm glad you found a workaround, but this sounded odd to me. I checked my G3 X and G9 X and confirmed that when I am in shooting mode and I press the play button, my lens remains extended. It sounds like this is not occurring for you. I dug a little deeper in the menu and have a setting to check. This may be in a slightly different place on the G7  X II.

In the menu system of both of my cameras under the wrench section, I found a setting for Lens Retraction, which was set to 1 minute. If I change it to 0 seconds (the only other option available), it duplicates the behavior you described of immediately retracting the lens when I press the play button. Check this area of your G7 X II to see if yours is set to 0 seconds.

Dan

requa's gear list:requa's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-870 Canon G7 X II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow