davect01 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,216
Re: Is Sony's APS-C just a bait for FF

Lyff wrote:

davect01 wrote:

Lyff wrote:

davect01 wrote:

Lyff wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

I've heard over and over again that FF lenses are too heavy and expensive, as if the 24Z and 28/2 don't exist.

A lot of the APS-C anger seems to stem more from needing acknowledgement from Sony than any real system issues. Yes Fuji and MFT have better lens lineups, but look at pretty much any crop DSLR system... in that context APS-C E is pretty comprehensive.

Sony need to step up it's APSC line up, beefier bodies than the A6x00 serie (not DSLR sized but X-T2 like with a small grip would be nice) so you can get a better handling and a more comfortable control layout. For the lenses, there is a complete lack of fast zooms.

I'd agree with you on the lenses, but not the body. I DON'T want a beefier body. The reason I love my A6000 is the small body.

I don't see why they couldn't keep the A6x00 line, this body form factor is good to keep the size down, but they should add a bigger line ( A7X00 ? ) for the most demanding users. By bigger I don't mean DSLR big though, G85/ EM1 II form factor would be a perfect compromise for those who want a large viewfinder, a beefier grip (with a larger battery? ) and more as well as easier to access controls.

I'd love to see full frame E mount rangefinder ( A6? ), basically a full frame GX8/Xpro 2.

Rangefinder or DSLR styled bodies should be a choice and not a different range of cameras.

Cameras are a very particular thing for each person. Some like the heft and space a DSLR provides. Some like a very sleek look like what Samsung tried with the NX-300. For me, the A6xxx platform is perfect.

Try the A3000. APS-C Sensor in a traditional DSLR body

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Mirrorless-Digital-Camera-18-55mm/dp/B00EH5UGR6

The A3000 is NOT at all what I talked about.

"a large viewfinder, a beefier grip (with a larger battery? ) and more as well as easier to access controls."

Outside of the grip, it has a poor and small viewfinder, very few buttons and entry level ergonomics. A DSLR shaped body give the space for the use of much bigger viewfinder and batteries than on a rangefinder, while keeping space for superior ergonomics.

G85/EM1 II level of controls and size would be perfect for an A7000 serie.

As I already said, don't ditch the A6000 line but add an A7000 line like Fuji does with it's X-T & X-E line.

Well, you wanted beefier 

-- hide signature --

Novice photobug. Former NEX-3, F3, and 6 owner. Now a proud A6000 owner.
http://davesnex-3photos.blogspot.com/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow