Any interest in an APS-C RX200?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PhotoRoo Regular Member • Posts: 290
Any interest in an APS-C RX200?

I switched from the EOS M3 to the RX100V for video work but I dearly miss my EOS M for stills.  The APS-C sensor was lovely.  In an ideal world, there would be an RX200 in the future that would have an APS-C sensor and all the video features of the RX100V.  The body would be somewhat larger (perhaps 20%) and not quite pocketable, in order to fit the larger sensor.  But I would gladly take on 20% more bulk and weight to have a best-of-both-worlds device.  Pro video features, telescoping lens and the image quality of a good APS-C would be wonderful.  I just wondered if there are others who would love such a camera or if I'm in a small minority.  The RX100 series is getting long in the tooth now.  It's still not comfortable to hold, it still creaks and that tiny sensor, while good for its size, is still no match for APS-C.  I wonder if Sony have a whole new camera in the pipeline for 2020.

Canon EOS M3 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow