I fell in love within seconds ...

Started 1 month ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kwe Regular Member • Posts: 279
I fell in love within seconds ...

Owning the Nikon 28mm f/1.4 ED I had doubts that adding (again) a 35mm lens would make sense. However, the Milvus 35mm f/1.4 had been too tempting after I once went to the story and had a copy in my hands. It is THE most beautiful lens I have ever seen. Unpacking the Zeiss box gave me goosebumps. For whatever reason, the "slim look" (it takes 72mm filters in contrast to e.g. the 77m of the Milvus 85mm f/1,4) makes this lens very special. Somehow, even the weight feels less ... Using manual focus is so easy which next to the 35mm has its main reason in the even improved mechanics of the lens. Once, you put this lens on your Nikon body it feels just right !

And what about the other important question: What comes out?

I only have used it twice so far. On Friday on a short walk in the middle of Berlin and on Saturday on a little trip to the city of Wittenberg where Martin Luther 500 years ago nailed his 95 theses on the church doors. I will not go into any detailled analysis. First of all, I am neither experienced nor trained in writing experts' reviews. And secondly, I want that my first pictures speak to you without any subjective elaborations. I have the feeling that I will like very much what I get. The lens will fit well to my collection and to my 28mm autofocus lens which had been my main issue (next to the money I had to spend, although I got a good deal).

kwe

kwe's gear list:kwe's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/21 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III +6 more
Zeiss Milvus 35mm F1.4
Prime lens • Canon EF, Nikon F (FX) • 2111788
Announced: Jun 21, 2017
kwe's score
Average community score
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow