Was thinking of selling/swapping my a99 II for a7R II

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mike - Contributing Member • Posts: 833
Was thinking of selling/swapping my a99 II for a7R II

As most know, finding a good "a" mount lens is a pain.  Especially for what I need...zoom wise.  Swapping to an "E" mount, will go a long way toward using it more.

BUT, maybe I'll hang onto it a little longer.  Being recently retired, and beginning to "clean" things up around the house, I found my old Minolta, Maxxum 7xi, with its (Tamron) 28-200 and (Minolta) 28-105 lenses.  The 28-200 only sorta helps my distance problem (my 5D IV Canon with its 35-350 L are perfect.  If it were only stabilized !).

Out of curiosity, this morning, I put the 28-105 lens on the a99 II and went outside.  Although I've read posts about how well the old Minolta lenses work, I was still somewhat amazed at how detailed the photos actually were.  Only took a few shots of junk around the house, and didn't do a high...level "inspection" the pictures for detail, color, fringing, etc., etc. but..!  Only thing about the 28-105 is that its zoom is motorized.  Wondering on how it will effect the battery life.

I haven't given the 28-200 any time yet.  Just put the 28-200 on...the outer lens/element rotates during focus..!  Maybe tomorrow for this one...

Maybe with these two lenses, my a99 II still has a home after all.  I'll take it with me next weekend and see how things turn out.

Mike

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a7R II Sony a99 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow