Canon 5D Mark IV Accessories

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Trumpetstilskin
Trumpetstilskin Regular Member • Posts: 146
Canon 5D Mark IV Accessories

Hello Everyone!

I finally have a MkIV on the way. I am looking around for some compatible accessories and am wondering whether there are some obvious recommendations on the forum for must have gear. I am getting a battery grip with the camera so that’s one less thing to worry about. I have been a Sony shooter since the past 2 years so kinda out of sync with the obvious choices, but here’s what am looking to purchase, any guidance is welcome.

L-plate

I saw plates from RRS, Kirk and sunway. It seems sunway is the cheapest but does anyone have any experience with this plate?

Link

Additionally, for those using peak design, does this plate have ample clamping areas for the anchors? Whats your general experience with Peak Design on these plates.

Memory Cards

Any recommendations here? I plan to use my existing UHS-I 95mb/s Sandisk cards. Will I miss faster cards?

Strap

i plan to use the Peak design Slide which I scored for $40 on the recent B&H deal. I also know the camera is going to be heavier with the plate and grip, any negative experiences on the forum?

Screen Protector

On my old 6D, I got a Vello Optical Glass Screen Protector as a bundle and I never had my issues with that ever. The camera has since taken a dip in saltwater but the screen protector still looks as new on that now paperweight camera. What’s the equivalent or better option which you have found to be excellent on the 5D screen?  Is this Vello protector a good option?

Anything else I am missing?

Trumpetstilskin's gear list:Trumpetstilskin's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Sony Alpha a7S II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony Alpha a7R III Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +12 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow