The unprofessionalism of burst-shooting

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
MediaArchivist
MediaArchivist Veteran Member • Posts: 4,297
LAPP

EE-TV wrote:

Whenever a new camera comes out it seems the number one priority people tend to focus on is FPS (Frames Per Second), how fast the buffer fills, etc.

Which people? My observation is that FPS is almost never the number one priority.

So that would mean these users are reliant Burst Shooters.

If someone made FPS their number one priority, they probably have a really good use case for it. But I am not so sure that group exists, or is as large or prevalent as you suggest.

And yet these are "professionals"? Why?

You might as well ask if Batman is a professional.

They rely on taking multiple shots in quick succession in the hope that "they nail that perfect 'money shot'". Where is the skill in that? I mean if you don't know what you are expecting to photograph then you must surely be playing pot luck, in the hope that one of your multiple exposures is the one!

Ah, the "photographic purity" issue. One person declares that a particular feature or technique is not "real photography" or otherwise cheating, and makes that declaration on behalf of everyone else. Well, I didn't vote for you. On the other hand, I am curious— when your term runs out, can I be the LAPP (Lone Arbiter of Photographic Purity)? I promise to be fair... but firm.

-- hide signature --

Want a roXplosion!?

MediaArchivist's gear list:MediaArchivist's gear list
Sony a99 II Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF Sony 24mm F2 SSM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow