Peak Design Straps

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Exit10 Senior Member • Posts: 2,085
Re: Peak Design Straps

Steve Jump wrote:

I recently moved all my straps over to Peak Design after seeing another photographer using a Slide-Lite at an event we both covered.

I'm not in the USA, so not sure how, or even if this will be of any use for people like me.

I purchased a Slide-Lite back in February this year and put my XT-2 on it. Brilliant! So I bought a Leash back in May for my X-T20, and then a set of Anchor links to convert the Op-Tech strap on my 7D.

Absolutely loving the convenience.

No real signs of wear on any of the Anchors, but to be fair across all three cameras I have probably only carried for a total of 60 hours. I registered on the site, which did happily accept foreign (non-US) addresses!

Its not clear on the site if the anchor exchange will extend to users in other countries, in my case South Africa, or will the local distributors get involved. As of now my distributor had no idea, actually until I showed them the link, they didn't even know about any problem.

I have the packaging and receipts now, but if I keep using the V3 anchors as purchased and one does break (and especially now that I know of the risk) not sure what or if an insurance claim might look like in the future.

I guess its just a question of being careful, check the anchors every time you use the camera.

Nice of Peak Design to be so honest about this and kudos to them for being so pro-active, but maybe I'd have preferred not to know...

Steve

I'm not in the USA either and have every expectation of getting my replacement anchors.

Exit10's gear list:Exit10's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T6i Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tjd
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow